We have been using 3D scanners for 3-4 years now but this is our first go with photogrammetry. We have been testing 2 photogrammetry options; Reality Capture and Agisoft Photoscan. Reality capture seems a lot quicker overall but won’t accept certain sets of photography if the exposure differs slightly. In those cases we’ve switched to Agisoft which seems to handle these cases better but takes a lot longer.
Below are the final images we created to test out the photogrammetry capabilities. Some fantastic work by new recruit Jordan creating the cheese and crackers. Other details added by Darren, Ben and Rich Ip with a gentle retouch from Steph. Mistletoe model and fir sprig are from Turbosquid, here and here respectively. Worth also mentioning that the Figs were scanned a few years ago using our old NextEngine scanner, did a pretty good job though.
- Agisoft photoscan
- Next Engine scanner [Figs]
- Frishluft lenscare [DOF]
- Random control ArionFX [Glare & Bloom FX]
VRay SSS really helped bring the food to life, we also applied it to the mistletoe. In hindsight I think we may have overdone it on the Wensleydale SSS, it looks a bit waxy!
We also tried this on some parma ham, it kind of worked but wasn’t that effective due to the thin edges.
Stilton test render